As a new patient to our practice we aim to make your experience relaxed and informative. On your first visit to the practice we will carry out a New Patient consultation which is more extensive than your normal oral health examination.
Before your first appointment we will ask you to fill in a medical history form and smile evaluation. This information will help us to assess your expectations and how you would like your dental health improved.
To save time when you come for your first appointment, you can download these forms from the links below and complete the forms before coming to the practice.
At the appointment
- We will ask you to fill out a questionnaire and smile evaluation.
- Discuss with you your concerns and answer any questions you might have.
- Examine your dental condition, gum condition, tooth wear and jaw joints. In addition we will carry out a mouth cancer screening.
- We will take x-rays, if required, and discuss the condition of your mouth with you. Using intra-oral camera technology provides a great way to show our patients their teeth in magnified detail.
- We will discuss the options and treatment plans available and give a written break-down of cost.
If there are any aspects of the consultation that you wish to have clarified or discuss further then we would be more than happy to do so either on the telephone or in person.